fantic 300 pro

350T Ignition Problem

Yes my bike is running. It has a distinct lack of power compared to my Bul 199a and others... It looks like it has a miss match of components in the carb. This is hard to tell as a lot of the jet markings are impossible to determine due to wear. I need to order a whole new set of carb internals from Steve Goode.

Thanks for the answer, I had a Fantic 301 I think not sure of the model, but it had a PHBH carb and its main problem was flooding at the

most awkward times, cured that with a mikuni.

The lack of power you describe still sounds like ignition problems, timing or condenser, IMHO.

Please keep us posted.

Regards Larry

I have 240 and 300 Fantics. Both have OKO carbs on them and they run great. They run even better when I use straight race gas or a 50/50 mix. I may pull one of the OKO carbs and try it on my Italjet.

Good plan on carb swap, that should let you know where the problem lies. This is an interesting problem & as such old men like me

enjoy trying to help.

Keep us posted.

Good luck. Larry

Paul, I know how frustrating this can be. I have been associated with vintage bikes before they were vintage.

Do appreciate your updates as too many threads leave you wondering what happened.

Thanks Larry