What Model Is This?

johnmartin247

Its been advertised for a few days, if I hadnt been pushed for time i`d have been and bought it.

I spoke to the guy who said he wanted £250 then later dropped it to £200 because I found out it was further away than he said.

The rear wheel is wrong for the model, looks to be from a much earlier bult.

Its been advertised for a few days, if I hadnt been pushed for time i`d have been and bought it.

I spoke to the guy who said he wanted £250 then later dropped it to £200 because I found out it was further away than he said.

The rear wheel is wrong for the model, looks to be from a much earlier bult.

Thanks for that, i have only text messaged the guy to see if it was still for sale, so had not touched on price, great to know that i can get it for £200, he is around 50 miles from me.

I have asked him if he could give me the frame/engine numbers to try and identify the model and he has responded and will get them at some point as the bike is in a garage not next to his home.

What about the tank and seat, do you think that they are from the correct year?

cheers

John.

Thery won't go to 370cc, it's not possible with a Bultaco piston. The only way to get a 325 Sherpa to 370cc is using an Alpina top end and crank as the 350 Alpina has a longer stroke. The most you can get a 325 Sherpa to using the 85mm 360 Pursang piston, as they did in the 340 Sherpa, is 340cc

The tank on the 199 was the alloy type originally, a bigger tank than the plastic tank now fitted which is from the next model. The tanks had a different profile at the rear and seats were shaped to suit the tanks. That looks like the original seat for the alloy tank

My eyesight isn't good enough to see the rear wheel in detail