Txt Pro Clutch Problem

farmerdan

Evening all, I've got a txt pro 200 year 2002 and for some reason when I pull clutch lever the bike still moves.

After trawling through old posts and watching Jim snells videos I've done the following

-new clutch plates ( within right specs etc)

-new master cylinder ( bled so no air ) and adjusted to what's right I hope

-new clutch cover with all the gubbings

- tried dextron 3 and light gear oil 75w left to warm up

And yet still when I put it in gear start riding then pull the lever it still moves so have to apply brakes and stall, It's blooming annoying.

Was hoping someone could point me in right direction- any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers dan

Evening all, I've got a txt pro 200 year 2002 and for some reason when I pull clutch lever the bike still moves.

After trawling through old posts and watching Jim snells videos I've done the following

-new clutch plates ( within right specs etc)

-new master cylinder ( bled so no air ) and adjusted to what's right I hope

-new clutch cover with all the gubbings

- tried dextron 3 and light gear oil 75w left to warm up

And yet still when I put it in gear start riding then pull the lever it still moves so have to apply brakes and stall, It's blooming annoying.

Was hoping someone could point me in right direction- any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers dan

You shouldn't hope, you should know if it's right or wrong ;)

Make sure there's some play between the master cylinder plunger and the lever when released.

Edited by guys
  • Like 1

I had the same issue with my 2002 txt200 I followed the following from the trials parts USA website. - worked for me.

GENERAL CLUTCH INFORMATION

For 2002 GASGAS pro. The “clutch cover” update kit:

Beginning in the 2003 model year, the diameter was changed on the clutch slave piston (which is located in the center of the clutch cover.) In the 2005 model year, all Pro model hydraulic clutch systems use mineral oil. All previous Pro models use DOT4 brake fluid. (Mineral oil is applicable to the 2004 Adam Raga special edition models also)

A “kit” is available to convert the clutch cover/slave unit on 2002 Pro motorcycles, into the improved 2003-06 aluminum redesigned version. This kit includes all components necessary to convert from DOT4 brake fluid to Mineral oil.

NOTE: THE BRAKES USE DOT 4 FLUID. NEVER INSTALL MINERAL OIL IN A BRAKE SYSTEM!

The kit includes the following: One 2003~13 type aluminum clutch cover (2002 models are magnesium) all necessary o-rings gaskets, and seals. A seal kit to convert the master cylinder on the handlebar to accept the mineral oil. Contact the GASGAS dealer nearest you for more information. GASGAS part number MT280532001CR

Edited by michael_t
  • Like 1

I hate mineral oil in clutch, but that is just me. I like DOT 5 (silicone based) in my 13 raga clutch, been using it in all my bikes since 06...

Background as I understand, and was already typed by Michale-T, THE 02 was the absolutely 1st engine, revision of the PRO engine, IF YOU GOT A PRO ENGINED BIKE... tons of (small) changes since 2002, and one big one, including the entire side cover, the orings in the hat shaped plunger inside that case. Plus the 02 moved farther with lever pull, and the pull was slightly tougher on finger. You can order the 06 Belville spring, makes the clutch easier to pull as well. we did that on several bikes that were 02, 03, and o4 & 05's around here...

THe clutch will never "not drag" by design, mostly. the bike should idle with bike in gear, with clutch pulled in, but it wont technically free wheel, like your auto, or honda/harley/yamaha/etc... street/enduro bike, ever. Biggest complaint always heard on Gasgas is cant find neutral when stopped. It is basically because clutch is putting slight pressure on drivetrain, making neutral hard to get, I use my hand, or find neutral before I completely stop. the clutch has so many user customizable settings, made to be able to slip the clutch a lot or a little, it is amazing.

Hydraulic parts will fail over time, that bike is 12 years old... there are rebuild kits, might help your problem. it includes the oring like seals in the master cylinders, on the plunger shaft, that can wear out. shaft can wear out compromising how much fluid is pushed into the line, which moves the fingers, on the clutch itself it is all important there is NOT any losses.

### Lever adjustment, Damaged line, as well as just dirt in master cylinder plunger area, can cause seemingly unexplainable problems with clutches and brakes. has to do with 'at rest" position, lines up pinholes which allow fluid out of or in to the line. heat expands fluids, line pressure is let off through pin hole that can ONLY align when plunger can rest completely against the c-clip holding it into the master cylinder. I have seen dirt cause this to not allow plunger to reach line-up or at rest position.

good luck.

Edited by sting32
  • Like 1

Thanks for all your advice, I've double checked everything and done abit of fine tuning and now it's working spot on.

Water pump wasn't great so changed insides- so hopefully should be good for a while.

Is it not worth swapping to mineral then sting32.

• Like 1

Cope, I have no "Clouseau" what you are on about?

Farmer Dan, if the seals (o-rings) arent the ones we use on newer bikes, then I wouldn't. sorry to be late checking back in.

I am low ranking rider compared to you fellas over seas, most of our riding skills are exceptional use of the clutch on turns and such, maybe. So I like DOT5, in clutch, seems to pull infinitesimally easier? (hardly can tell) but dot5 and 4 is helluva lot easier to find in Dirt bike shops in where I live, compared to mineral oil based - brake fluids.

my earlier post was typo laden, as I tried to type in the dark. I have to see the keys to type, lol...

Edited by sting32