A Questions About The Partial Preservation Of Two Old 'tacos Body Work.

classictacos

Hello!

I have two old Sherpa T's that are in very nice shape and as far as the body work goes, and as such I would like to pull the original body work and preserve it while ridding with non original body work, but both tanks would be in need of repair to be functional as one has a crack and the other is missing one logo and has a hole. so my questions are, would the tanks be worth preserving at this point? I have all of the original paperwork, tools, bags, accessories, etc with them and can see how even having the original tanks would be a plus, but with the damage would any reasonable person here share that view at all? If not I'm inclined to simply repair the tanks and ride them. Additionally if it's true that the rear shocks on these cannot be rebuilt, should I also consider pulling and replacing those to preserve them?

You need to let us know what models you have, and then we can help you decide what to do about the tanks As to the shocks if they are not leaking, use them until you cant stand it anymore then decide where you really want to be. The originals really aren't important to most, the main goal is get them up & running and riding them. I am sure you know the first three digits of the motor number will tell what they are. Larry