Gas Gas 250 Pro 2013, Chain Length

chappo

Is it just me, but I have just ordered a 10 tooth front sprocket, ( had an 11 on it ), for my 2013 250 Gas Gas Pro, i'm still running the original Gas Gas 41 tooth rear as in very good order.

I ordered a new Regina 520 chain and when it came to fitting it was too long, even on max adjustment on the snail cam, so I took one link out and now with some pressure I can put the split link in, but its way to tight and I fear if I rode it like that it would put undue pressure on the gearbox bearing that carries the drive shaft.

Has anyone else had this problem ??????

Would a set of Jitsie or similar snail cams give more adjustment????????

I've changed lots of chains in the past with no issues.

The previous chain was an O ring which was too heavy duty, but fitted perfectly adjustment wise with the 11/41 setting.

I fear I'm missing something obvious here.

Thanks.

Dave.

The problem lies in when you cut a link, it is actually 1 and a half. That`s why shortening never works. Hind sight says you should have ran with the 11t just one ride to stretch out the new chain. The last time I had this issue I bought a I/2 link built on a link with two master links. http://www.splatshop.co.uk/regina-chain-half-link.html Good luck!