Tiny Tach & Montesa

billyt

Mags

Did you set the Tiny Tach on 720 = 1 spark per 2 revolutions?

.5 spark per revolution I believe is the correct setting, but the unit only allows 720 degrees or 1 spark per 2 revolutions which one could argue is the same thing.

We don't know the programming related to the firing or the “wasted spark” characteristics of the Montesa FI.

I bought one of the Tiny Tach and set it on the 720 setting. The revs drop down when the fan kicks by about 150 RPM.

So far so good.

BillyT

Edited by billyt

Hey Billy,

Mine is an old bugger... must be 2007/2008! I try to set it to 720 but it won't hold it anymore. The default 360 works fine on mine but as you know its only reading half revs.

I set it at 890-910 on the default 360 and good to go for the 1800 factory setting.

Mine is so old you can change the battery I think? Has two phillips screws on the back cover, never changed it though? Or cant remember doing it at least? Maybe a new battery will keep the 720 set?

Good little unit and love no connections, just holding it near bike to get reading.

Mags