Just Bought A 2013 Ossa Factory 300 Tri :)

bigmark1972

Disclaimer;

As a newer novice rider I am painfully aware that this bike is way, way more bike than I need or can make proper use of.

To be honest, I just don't care, the more I learned about it the more I felt like I had to have one.

I will keep riding and I will keep getting better.

I am a huge technology junkie and I really appreciate the engineering I see on this bike.

You folks here seem to like them plenty, I have a few questions.

This bike is supposedly a limited edition as well, does that mean anything at all or are all 'factory' models limited editions?

What upgrades does the factory version have that the regular bike does not, is it lighter, how much?

300cc

Lighter Triple clamps

Carbon Fiber Exhaust

Trick Footpegs

Dual Mapping

FIM covered rear sprocket

what else?

This bike has the latest capacitor easy start system so I guess I am good there.

I have been riding a 2004 Sherco 2.9 and it is a fine enough bike but it's purpose was pretty much just to

let me try trials and see if it was something I would stick with for the long haul.

The bike is still on it's way to me, I am very excited to spend some time on it and

get acquainted with it.

Edited by bigmark1972

I am no expert but I love the bike, looks great, sounds great, feels great, lightweight, mine starts easy with the 9 v starter. Carbon exhaust is nice but don't drop it hard....expensive to fix! Rear sprocket is the FIM covered type, dual mapping switch, I think you have covered everything else. Lewisportusa will be your best friend for parts in the US I believe, unless you know of a closer dealer. The only change I made from the start was to put a slow action throttle tube on it just to calm it down a tad for me, there is still plenty of fire in it, you just have to turn your wrist a little more to let it out, slow tube is just that bit more forgiving.

Edited by canada280i

Thanks Canada280i

I actually bought it from LewisSportsUSA nice people over there. I had them re-spring it for my fat ass as well.

What REALLY sucks is that I have been having some nasty ankle problems (old motocross injuries) and hurt it at a trials meet last week.

Now it looks like I have to have surgery on it so I may have the bike and not be able to ride it for some time.. torture.....

Thanks Zippy!

Yeah I don't know what is wrong with it yet but the chunk of bone on the side is not supposed to be there.

Whatever it's pushing on feels less than good.

chunk.png

I will probably try and ride the next meet on it unless they tell me I can't.

I'll bring my industrial strength scorecard clip this time :wall:

Man, that's too bad about the ankle. Them Sports Ortho surgeons can work wonders though. I haven't seen an Ossa at any of our events yet. Yours will be the first. There an awesome looking machine. However,I don't think its a good idea to park that bike in the living room while you heal like Zippy said. You'll want to ride too soon. You don't want to mess up that surgeons handy work do you! Keep it outta sight so you're not temped. I have plenty of room at my place, so just leave it with me. I'll take good care and wash it after every ride. I promise not to return it until the Doc releases you. And the bike will be fully trained when you get it back !!

so just leave it with me. I'll take good care and wash it after every ride.

LOL don't wait by the phone ;)

The VA will be doing the surgery so odds are it will be well into winter before

they can get to me. (hoping)

Planning to ride it next meet, will see how I feel on the bike and how the ankle holds up.

I am interested to see how the bike feels compared to my Sherco, looking forward to spending some 'bonding' time with the bike.

Edited by bigmark1972

Nice!! I saw that on the Lewisport website. Great Bike. Just took delivery of my 2014 Ossa Factory R 300. Ossa really knows how to do it! Adrian and Mandy at Lewisport are wonderful people to work with as are Russ (stranger creek Ossa) and Bill @ SOcal Ossa/Lewisport.

The Ossa bikes are simply amazing. Especially the Factory models.

MC

Edited by motochef

I saw your bike in another thread MC very nice!

This will be my bike for some time going forward. I really felt drawn to it from the first time I saw it.

I hope I like it as much as I think I am going to.

I am going to keep the Sherco also as a spare / let friends ride bike....like they say you never forget your first.

I need someone to ride with out here... I'll hook someone eventually, working on my younger brother right now.

• Like 1

Bigmark, I could help you out with that chunk of bone. I am pretty handy with a knife and 4" grinder....................

Hope the pain is not too much, but if you show up at next event and are unable to ride I am sure we could find someone willing to take your Ossa around to show it the event and keep it entertained.................

• Like 1

Bigmark, I could help you out with that chunk of bone. I am pretty handy with a knife and 4" grinder....................

Hope the pain is not too much, but if you show up at next event and are unable to ride I am sure we could find someone willing to take your Ossa around to show it the event and keep it entertained.................

Ill let ya know Zippy :) looks like I won't have the bike until Wednesday I was hoping to have more time on it before the meet.

My Sherco is overheating all the sudden also, so I may not have a choice but to ride the Ossa.

Ankle is actually feeling pretty good, so far it's looking like a go.

My Sherco is overheating all the sudden also, so I may not have a choice but to ride the Ossa.

Possible thermostat (thermoswitch) going bad, is the fan running? If not try attaching the wires together that go to the thermostat. basically it by passes the thermo and the fan runs constant. OK to do for an event but not a permanent fix.

If fan runs check coolant level.

Sherco is off injured reserve list for now.

Fan is running fine it was low on fluid and seems OK for now.

If it is / has been leaking I can't see where from.

I just got a killer deal on an enclosed trailer so I will bring both bikes

to the meet just in case something happens, ya never know.

Excited for Wednesday to come so I can give the new bike a go.

• Like 1