Looking For A Very High-Rise Handlebar

bigmark1972

I've been using 4" bar risers with my sherco and I like them a lot.

I'm 6'4" tall and they really make the bike fit me better.

I don't really want a clunky pair of risers on my sexy new Ossa.

Does anyone make a handlebar with that much rise over standard?

I've done some snooping but have come up short, anyone have a recommendation?

Hi Mark,

I'm 6'5" and have kept the original bars and fitted S3 clamps. They give approx 1/2" rise over standard but you can move the bars forward without losing height from the rotation factor.

I also made some simple 1" risers to fit between the S3's and the top triple clamp.

http://www.trialswales.com/s3-bar-adjustable-bar-clamp-3075-p.asp

Cheers, Gary

• Like 1

I went through the same quandry and was told to bend my knees.

Yeah that is what people who are not 6'4" say.

It's all relative short folks bend their knees also, I'm still taller when I bend mine.

It was like night and day with my risers on my Sherco.

I think it's important to feel comfortable on your bike.

Edited by bigmark1972

I'm 6'3 and always use to put risers on my motocross bikes. I gradually learned over time hiwever that bikes are not designed around that type of set up, and if you change your riding style to work with the stock set up the bike works much better. It's for this reason I've fought the temptation to put risers on my trials bike.

Force yourself to ride for a day with the stock set up. You may find that you can çlimb big rocks better because you can pull the bike closer to your chest before the bars hit. Give it a shot, it's free!

I'm 6'3 and always use to put risers on my motocross bikes.

I never put them on my MX bikes and never had an issue, but both of my trials bikes feel like clown bikes without them and are very uncomfortable to ride.

That said I was also 15 years younger and in much better shape when I was riding motocross. Some of the injuries I got back then have come back to haunt me.

Geoff Aaron is 6'4" and doesn't use risers

Maybe Geoff has arms like an ape :xmas:

I get the purist thing with trials, but for me those 2" make my bikes feel much

more comfortable and easier to ride, especially for longer periods of time.

Also if someone were to make a 2" higher rise bar WO a center support bar it would not have

any effect on how close to the chest you could bring the bike in a nose up attitude.

As it is, I now have the risers but my handlebars do not have a crossbar, so those 2" should not hurt me

vs a standard bar with a cross support bar.

Edited by bigmark1972

I get the purist thing with trials, but for me those 2" make my bikes feel much

more comfortable and easier to ride, especially for longer periods of time.

Also if someone were to make a 2" higher rise bar WO a center support bar it would not have

any effect on how close to the chest you could bring the bike in a nose up attitude.

As it is, I now have the risers but my handlebars do not have a crossbar, so those 2" should not hurt me

vs a standard bar with a cross support bar.

And road race bikes would be more comfortable with touring bars, but there are reasons they don't use them.

As to the lack of a crossbar, your chest isn't the issue, think about where your hands will be when you are forward and climbing or on a step face.