My Wife's First Ever Trial Comp!

mags

At the outset can I just say I'm as proud of her as she is of herself. It was a big undertaking at 50 yrs of age to want to hop on a motorcycle for the first time (Jan 2014) and a trials bike at that!!! I had a fair bit of influence on the bike choice! Hehehehe

Last Sunday we entered the trial held at Gap Creek here in Southern Queensland, Australia. It was jointly held by the Southern Queensland Trials Association and the Logan River Moto Trials Club.

We arrived on the Saturday and camped the night at Gap Creek, our usual haunt on the bikes. Dropped to 5 deg C overnight so was not too cold but caught us out a bit... the last gasp of winter.

Sunday morning saw us entered and kitted up for great day. We are lucky enough to have helmet comms. This gave us the ability to walk the sections and chat about where we would try to put the wheels without yelling or waving. It also was a great aid when we could not even see each other but still communicate... as in, arhhhhhh, don't come down this hill on bike, stop up top and walk down to see section.

As beginners we ran the "Intro" class and the first 6 sections were achievable but sections 7-10 were a challenge. We did the full 10 sections for round 1 but as we eventually ran out of time we just did the first 6 for round 2 and 3. We did not get to complete any of round 4.

We had an absolute ball! I cannot rate the experience high enough. It has been a dream for us for 8 months and to finally be able to be in a comp together was just amazing. We laughed, we baulked at hills, we lived on adrenalin, at times, in the more challenging sections.

Although we dabbed quite a bit neither of us fell over on the bikes! I took a tumble spotting for Cindy, looking at her my boot hit solid rock and over I went... to the amusement of all!!! Thats a five!! Ahahahahahahaha No injury, just pride! Hehehehe.

I would like to thank the organisers and competitors for a great experience.

Most of all I'd like to thank the volunteer observers who stayed at sections for hours clicking our score cards. I tip my helmet to you all... 100% respect!!!!

I only have pics taken from screen as my Gopro Edit Software seems to be corrupted and needs a reinstall. Apologies for quality.

Thank you to everyone on this site that has encouraged us and given advice. Would have taken much longer without it, thats for sure!

Mags (and Cindy)

post-20008-0-47880500-1411769318_thumb.jpg

post-20008-0-60598000-1411769352_thumb.jpg

post-20008-0-93132700-1411769376_thumb.jpg

post-20008-0-97966600-1411769397_thumb.jpg

Edited by mags
  • Like 6