The Beacon, Sep 14

ben888

Yes the Beacon rode there many times good memories, before moving to NZ 11 years ago. Did a trials school there 29 July 1981 Wedding of Charles, Prince of Wales, and Lady Diana Spencer. On a Wednesday public holiday for the wedding.
It was organised by Dick Comer who was the Fantic dealer from Lydford, Nigel Birkett was doing the training.
I see Doug Williams has got the same gear and helmet!

Great to see a video of a novice lap... I always struggle with setting up the novice course so this was very helpful. I was surprised how far apart your sections are but it would make for a nice break between sections. The scenery was amazing! It would be closer for me to head to the UK than to head to the other side of Canada to ride a trials event. Do you think anybody would be willing to share a bike with me for a few sections if I made the trip?

Great to see a video of a novice lap... I always struggle with setting up the novice course so this was very helpful. I was surprised how far apart your sections are but it would make for a nice break between sections. The scenery was amazing! It would be closer for me to head to the UK than to head to the other side of Canada to ride a trials event. Do you think anybody would be willing to share a bike with me for a few sections if I made the trip?

Hi Michael, having the not so vast experience of only two trials to my name, I don't know how normal it is to have sections this spread out, but it sure was great fun riding between.

Everyone there was very helpful and friendly to me as a beginner, so I'm sure we could get you a ride if it was pre planned. Your certainly welcome to have a few sections on my beta. I'm planning on a new bike next year, but keeping the techno for friends, so if the timing is right, you're more than welcome to ride with me:)

Well if that was only your 2nd Trial Ben then your coming on well and what a fantastic setting for a trial up on the Beacon, great riding between sections.

Thanks Prosport, I appriciate your comments, the video makes it look kind of flat, where in reality it was steeper in person! But, laid out at just the right level of difficulty for a novice like me! Some sections I could clear, and some required a dab or three! After 4 laps of 10 sections I managed 23 points, can't wait until my training day with Steve Saunders next month! And yes, amazing setting!

Well as luck would have it, it looks like we might head over to the UK for a family holiday in July 2015... Might not have anytime for trials as it will be the first time my kids (14 and 16) have crossed the Atlantic so I am sure our agenda will be full... but hopefully I will be able to sneak away to at least observe a "real" trials event :).