Cota 247

allyboy

Thanks guys

I can take credit for the glass work and prep but the paint with a metalic topcoat and the seat were done professionally, theres no way I could have achieved that level of finish myself.

The tank glass was so far gone that at first I was going to tidy it up and use it as a mould for a mould if you know what I mean but as I got used to the glass mat and resin I thought it might be repairable it was worn through, cracked and crazed in so many places but I took my time and built it up with mat and resin, where there were cracks or rips I drilled holes at the end s and where there was crazing I sanded back to rough mat and built up the resin as a gel coat. just last week I decided it was worth getting a good quality paint job and since its such a small piece I went for a metallic paint just to lift it a bit.

The seat got retrimed locally and is a much nicer cloth than the original, I thought about chopping the seat base and seat back to a trials size but decided against, I really like the trail look on this bike.

Thanks again..

• Like 2

Thanks Guys.

I had'nt said on the forum but after the last session in the mud I had not been able to get the bike to start, I was really confused because it has always been a first kick starter and I had no idea what had happened, I checked for a spark and there seemed to be a decent enough spark, a bit weedy but it was bright daylight. I checked there was fuel and kicked again no start. I thought it must be the carb, I had run empty at the beach so supposed the carb was blocked and resigned myself to a strip down although I had cleaned the tank thoroughly or so I thought.

I bought some easy start and decided to confirm it was a fuel problem by giving it a squirt and starting it although I expected it to fire first time and confirm what I thought and a carb overhaul was due . I squirted and kicked and nothing, not even a cough. Very puzzled now I took out the plug again and checked for a spark? surprise surprise the plug had no spark, I swapped it for a little plug from my seagull outboard and got a big fat purple regular spark. with the plug fitted the bike fired first time, it did take a while to run sweet, I guess too much wet fuel kicking about so I ran till warm and killed it. left for five mins and it fired up first time again, this plug that failled is almost new, possibly as little as five hours runtime. It just shows that you cant rule out new or newish parts from your troubleshooting.

When I get a new replacement plug I will buy a pair and check both. the spare can be kept close at hand in case of emergencies.

I only need to fabricate a pair of rubber straps to hold the seat unit down and I will head out again. Really looking forward to buzzing about on this now.

Cheers ( off to pub now!!)