Two Theft Attempts In Two Weeks

totty79

Keep an eye on your bikes in the Durham/Sunderland area, I'm not sure if I've had local scum watching me or been followed but I suspect they're local.

As they weren't successful this info may help others.

First attempt on the weekend of the 20th/21st - crow bar used on the door but failed to open it, possibly disturbed - the Enfield bolt locks held up to it.

Second attempt 01:30 on the 5th - they got the door open by bending it ( a piece of box section between the bolt locks would have prevented this) the Xena alarm which was smashed is thought to have made them reluctant to hang around, the ground anchors and chains stopped them from simply running off with a bike.

There is also some damage to the roof which I believe was to check the contents.

We were away both weekends so they may also be watching the house (In Manchester after the Red Bull City Trial during the second attempt)

This is a council lockup without power and in a different street to the house so security options are limited, but what I've done has worked so far. The bikes have been moved to another location (sadly too far away for convenient access) and I have have a few hundred quids worth of security items on order but for obvious reasons I can't disclose them. I now need to wait for a new door to be fitted.

I wonder if they'll try again on the 19th to keep the pattern going or next time I pack the car and head off for the weekend.