Bultaco

trum

• 1 month later...

Hello chaps, I'm pleased to say the bultaco is all done and up and running, il try and put a pic up, just wanted to ask a couple more questions if I may please, when I put engine back in i put a brand new ngk bp5es plug in but it wouldn't go, checked gap but still no good, so I used an old ngk plug and fired up second kick??? Maybe just a duff brand new plug?? Also it's running a mikuni carb on it which is all ok but I was just wondering about the air screw, it's currently 1 and a half turns out, it seems to run ok and Rev up ok but just wondered if that was about right.... I guess they all vary slightly, thanks chaps

1 and a half turns out from bottom is just a starting point. mikuni carbs are some times not that easy to set up make sure you have the correct jetting slide needel ect. check if the new plug sparks when it's out you may not have connected it proper.

never hear that 1 before about the plug like you say may be a doggy 1 or you putting the plug cap on proper on the new 1? is your plug cap the typ that takes the plug with the nipple on the end? if it dose and the nipple is not on the plug it won't have a good connection.

Hello chaps, sorry for the late reply, it is a 1976 159 model, I bought it years ago and it had been done in blue, I've recently had engine all rebuilt top and bottom end, and did think about changing it to red while engine was out, but I just stuck with the blue, all running sweet and want to start trailing again now