Any Members In The Gers Or Haute-Pyrenees?

lebowski

Depending where you are in the Gers, the club at Agen may be worth looking at. They run one or two trials a year and have a good practise ground for club members. I do have some twinshock chums further south towards Dax, but dont know the club the belong to. Another trials club is at Escolotte near Duras or Albi. There will certainly be a motorcycle club near you where ever , but few, if any run trials. The South west of France is awash with trials ground and used to have a huge selection of trials to ride in that has all since stopped. You have chosen a great place to buy a house and bring your bike , but crap for competitions.

Bon chance

Thanks very much for replying.

We will be almost half way between Auch and Lannemezan, about 10 minutes from Mielan, Mirande, Masseube and Castelnau Magnoac. So further south than the places you mentioned unfortunately. Having done a bit of google research it seems that there are clubs closer to the mountains and further north, in the areas you mention, but not a lot in my area. Mind you, I'll happily travel, it's not as though the roads are packed! I'm also more at the practice rather than compete stage.

Having spoken to lots of estate agents they seem to all say that you can ride push bikes and green laners in most of the public woods and forests around, but would that apply to trials bikes?

:)

I think its always wise to do some homework before going and riding anywhere. Usually local land owners are fine if approached as long as it doesn t interfere with the chasse.. local hunt/shoot.

Public areas are a grey area that I know nothing about , but my advice would be to check first. There are lots of riders of trials bikes that ride out, but never ride in competitions, ask around usually the motorbike shops will know of someone. Its a good way to make friends and learn the language.

Good luck

Thank you very much for that, I did suspect that there could be a few local haunts that weren't publicised. We happened upon a trial earlier this year and the standard of riding didn't quite fit with the calendar of events on the club's website.

As you say, a very good way to learn the language. We fully intend to immerse ourselves into whatever France can throw at us, including replacing a fosse septique!

Merci pour votre aide (Google translate sadly, not got to that on Michel Thomas' CD yet!)