Jotagas Future

huski

What does the future hold for Jotagas?I like the build quality and the way they ride but I'm a bit concerned if they can survive I realise no one has a crystal ball but what the general opinion about buying one

but what the general opinion about buying one

I would've bought one in a minute, however, I have been messed about something terrible in the last four weeks, when I had an order in. I have decided to take my business elsewhere, so things can't be that bad for them that they can mess the buying public about that is spending over five grand and not be too bothered about losing their business.

If you really like it buy it.

Any trials bike (Mont / Honda perhaps excepted) will be worth less than 1/2 its new price in 2 to 3 years time, so your Jotagas will probably be worth about £2250. Even if the factory went you could probably still get £1500 for it.

Parts availability will probably be no worse than any other marque, either still trading or gone.

Huski - go for a 2014, you will not be disappointed or even earlier they all have their strengths. But heck, you lot up in the northen hemisphere are spoiled. Patience is a virtue when you live downunder. The slow boat from Spain does take a while and there are many ports and hands in between over which the importer and thus agents have no control. But since trials riders are well balanced people we take it all in our stride (or was that a dab). All good things come to those who wait - except for no-stop trials.

• Like 6

Peter H -- perfectly summed up

What does the future hold for Jotagas?I like the build quality and the way they ride but I'm a bit concerned if they can survive I realise no one has a crystal ball but what the general opinion about buying one

Mick -- They're good. Back in 2012 it might have been a worry but not know. You being an old woman ;) . Put your waking stick away :).

They're not trying to up scale to GG size taking the debts that go along side this. They're a small , low over head company that make a small number of bikes and have excellent back up here via Steve Saunders .

• Like 1

Haha, how much you getting paid for all this pr bs ?

It's the truth as I see it . I get paid nothing at all of any kind . Just putting the record straight . I know your not happy but it doesn't mean others can't be. It's a pity you've got no manners and can't resist knocking a national treasure on this international forum. Anyone decent would have said thier piece to him in person and taken their business elsewhere. Leaving it like that. But your the loud mouth who needs to shout out out like spoiled brat. You should be ashamed of yourself. You just damage.

• Like 2

i will agree the bikes are great but the back up is not up to scratch

I disagree. The backup is first class. We have had problems in the past getting bikes from other makers. The importers are at the mercy of the factories which ever make they sell. More to the point the problems came after the initial launch. Face facts. The worldwide market for Trials bikes is minuscule. Most factories are just over "hobby" makers with firms like Gas Gas seemingly moving from one finance deal to the next to keep afloat. Hence they are down the list when it comes to parts they order in which affects deliveries and build plans. Yes I agree that it is frustrating when you have sold your bike to wait but you can choose to wait. Apart from a REV50 back in the day I have never been able to get a firm date for delivery on a new bike that has been met. It's not the dealers fault and sometimes it isn't the importers. They do not keep stock they cannot sell. That way is ruinous for most Trial dealers and the majority of importers. They are not all "big" operators like Lampkin and Shirty. Ebven they are Minnows in the "real" world.

• Like 4

I disagree. The backup is first class. We have had problems in the past getting bikes from other makers. The importers are at the mercy of the factories which ever make they sell. More to the point the problems came after the initial launch. Face facts. The worldwide market for Trials bikes is minuscule. Most factories are just over "hobby" makers with firms like Gas Gas seemingly moving from one finance deal to the next to keep afloat. Hence they are down the list when it comes to parts they order in which affects deliveries and build plans. Yes I agree that it is frustrating when you have sold your bike to wait but you can choose to wait. Apart from a REV50 back in the day I have never been able to get a firm date for delivery on a new bike that has been met. It's not the dealers fault and sometimes it isn't the importers. They do not keep stock they cannot sell. That way is ruinous for most Trial dealers and the majority of importers. They are not all "big" operators like Lampkin and Shirty. Ebven they are Minnows in the "real" world.

It was more the spares situation than bikes i was talking about, parts more readily available from abroad and delivered quicker