Stripped Waterpump Impeller But Unable To Remove?!

dusty_viper

Hi All,

I have a 2008 TXT pro in which I think the water pump impeller threads are stripped.

I have tried to remove the impeller but when holding this and turning the shaft clockwise they both move indipendantly (all be it very tight) but the shaft doesn't uncrew from the impeller.

I'm not really sure how I am going to split them to replace if I can't get them out!?

Has anyone else had this problem? I did think about taking the circlip off of the back and heating the seal up then pulling on the shatf to try and remove it in one but I'm not sure whether this will work or just damage everything?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You are going to replace shaft, and the seals, so might replace the full kit including the impellor. (at least my advice is replace all parts (normally the impellor can be an exeption))

You did notice it has reverse thread, maybe older owner didn't?

Do you have it ouf of its housing allready? First take the springclip out. I had it stuck once, but putting a socket bit in the pump and pressing it did the job for me.

Can explain everything but this does it too good, so i dont!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEqQvL23bgs

Edited by crazybond700

Hi Crazybond. Thanks for your reply.

yeah I did watch Jim's video on how to remove it but the problem is I can't remove the impellor to remove the shaft then the seal because the impellor don't unscrew off the shaft. Well they both turn independently just won't unscrew from each other.