Carb Slide Returning Slowly After Small Throttle Blip?

sawtooth

Bike: 2012 GasGas 300 with red Dellorto 28mm racing carb

As of yesterday my carb slide started returning slowly after very small throttle movements (say 1 1/6th of a turn). It returns just fine after bigger movements as it should.

What I've done so far:

• Greased inside throttle tube assembly
  • Sprayed GT85 down the throttle cable
  • Checked both throttle tube and grip moved freely and do not fowl on handlebar
  • Checked throttle cable is mounted freely and not cable tied anywhere
  • Removed carb and sprayed carb cleaner up all the tubes, holes and ports etc
  • Checked slide for scoring or any damage (none found)
  • Checked throttle return spring is not damaged (is not)

From doing that lot it seems there is no physical reason for it to return slowly other than maybe the return spring just not being strong enough?

Any other suggestions I can look at? It was completely fine last weekend, only thing that was different to usual on its last ride out was it was wetter and muddier than usual, some deep water etc and other than that all that i've done since is wash and dry it. It's definitely the slide/cable/throttle as I've had the airbox off and watched it so it it does not look like dirt in the carb etc

Edited by sawtooth

Had this on my GG with a flatslide dellorto.....cured by chance, it was routing of cable. A few mill out of line & it played up.

Ah OK will have to have a play around with the routing then also. Do you remember your exact routing that cured it?