Ty250 Fork Damper Mods

robbiesty175

Finally got my hands on a very nice set of TY250 forks, to put on my little TY175. Tore into them and other than years of crud, look good. Here's a before and after photo, with a little more polishing to do on these.

Other than blocking off one of the smaller holes, any other tips to get these forks up and running again? Getting new seals and just wanted to see if I needed to do anything else before putting them all back together.

Thanks for any advice!

post-20184-0-49613300-1413944711_thumb.jpg

I run TY250A twinshock forks on a TY175, and found that the standard TY250 spring rate and preload were a bit high for that bike. I reduced the spring rate and preload by replacing the standard preload spacers with springs. I have not fiddled with the damping as the standard damping seems to work fine with the reduced spring rate and preload

• Like 3

Took off into the woods this morning and the bike feels AMAZING!!! No twisting or feeling puny up front now. The dampening worked great at most everything I can do. Now I just need to practice and improve my riding skills. This bike is already better than I will ever be!!! Ended up plugging one small hole, using 10wt oil and the springs and preload as was already in it. AWESOME!!!

post-20184-0-38808600-1414275068_thumb.jpg

• Like 1