Meet Tug!

the addict

I'll start by saying a big thanks to Craigs Motorcycles for a very easy and straightforward sale and delivery today, and a big thanks to Jack Challoner for delivering to the site I was working at saving me the hassle of a 60 mile round trip in the middle of the day. Good to meet you today Jack, and all the best for 2015.

Hopefully get her run in this weekend and a nice long play next Sunday to get used to her and the inevitable throwing off a big hill to christen it well, and will be racking up the credit card at h&d and BVM Moto early next week (ouch!!!)

I was planning on posting a few pics but its been so long since I have I've forgotten how to do it? any help would be appreciated, thanks.

post-2629-0-51612700-1414172070_thumb.jpg

Edited by the addict
  • Like 2

Managed to skive off work early today and got home at 3 for the first kick over. She fired up first prod and stalled, and continued to do so about 7 times which was quickly cured by turning up the tickover on the throttle body and adjusting the slack out of the throttle. Took a few minutes to adjust the clutch/brakes and throttle position but first ride was out was very positive, and thankfully the bike didn't feel unlike the old one in geometry and overall feel. Might run it at a local club trial tomorrow on the clubman route to further the run in before chucking out the oil and filters if there aren't any big hills or deep mud sections as I don't want to load the motor too much in the first hour or so.

Ran her in at the Stratford Upon Avon trial today and it was brilliant, bit high geared which I'll sort this week but apart from that faultless. Great to rise alongside my good mate Gizza5, and we made sure we were well fed pre trial with bacon and egg butties. Great trial organised by Pete and the team, and the weather held thankfully.

Edited by the addict
  • Like 1