Why I Should Have Put My Boots On !

dusty23

As said , I should have put my boots on and not rushed out on a break for a quick play with only trainers on , fluffed the kick and jammed my leg in to the kick start , cracked my shin and am now paying for it . The Boss has veto'd any fun . Luckily she is out tomorrow !

http://IMG_4164_zps6ba332e1.jpg

That is a lesson we only need to learn once isn't it. I had a similar injury from hitting my shin on the end of the peg, just above the boot. The colors that the skin can turn in the next 2 weeks may surprise you. I can skill feel the indent in my shin bone some 40 years later. I never ride without protective gear now.

• Like 3

Just a scratch. I took my boots off and went to score a section. Put the kicker through the leg. I bled for thirty days, my wife was p****d. ( From the bloody sheets) Three layers of stiches, a drain, and a month of beer! All worth it.

I did the same 4 weeks ago & I could hardly walk for 2 weeks the swelling was so bad

Be careful it may get worse, if you don't rest it with all that internal bleeding

My mate did the same last year & spent 2 weeks in hospital with cellulitis & blood clots as a result

I fell off a few Fridays ago... not a bad fall except badly injured old vertebrae injury. Had a heart-attack the following day... with 4 more smaller ones over next two weeks.

Hospital, blood tests, angiograms, echo cardio gram stress test and now on pills for ever... put it down to a thrombus in Left Anterior Descending heart artery.

Got the clearance for first ride off-road and first ride on Monty yesterday... been waiting a month for clearance. YAY!

Cardiologist said " If you were not reasonably fit for your age and diet wasn't as good as yours is (minimal take out food and processed food, non-smoker, no type 2 diabetes, et cetera) it could have been a very different outcome for your family!!!

Damn I enjoyed riding the trials bike again!!!

Speaking of kickstart injuries... In about 1974-75'I borrowed a BSA left hand kickstart, circa late 60's... a 650 from memory. I wanted to buy it (I was 16 yrs old) so took it home to show mum... long story short, couldn't keep it!

I walked over wet grass and kicked bike over with wet shoe... with kickstart scraping all the up my calf with injury like above! Most of the memory of the incident was the pain for next week or so!!! Geez! It hurt so bad I swore I'd never buy a bike with a left hand kickstart!!! And never did!!!

Heal well!!!

Mags

Edited by mags
  • Like 1