Ventoux / Robregordo 2015

wobbler

Hi Wobbler,

I think around late spring next year is fine to start looking. We stay in a little BB a couple of kms out of the village, but the village itself is not large and I would n t recommend any last minute bookings otherwise you may be too far out. Part of the fun is enjoying the ambiance in the town on the Friday and Saturday night.

Metisse, Great Thanks.

Ross - You could team up with some of us.

I think the plan is for 3 to drive the van out with as many bikes in as possible (Possibly ferry to bilbao and drive up ??) with the rest flying to the nearest airport - Bordeaux ??? then a different 3 driving home !!!

Cheers I'm on the case....

As always - The Wobbler.

• Like 1

Ross - Metisse has just said the same so a drive it is with a different crew each way !!!!

I'm off to Valdisere - not much snow though!!!

Thanks both for your input - I've got between 5 & 8 people interested - so Ross you're more than welcome to pencil in.

I'm going to confirm with everyone after Xmas.

Metisse can you send me your e mail address then I can contact you both at the same time from work.

Cheers both

As always

The Wobbler

Edited by wobbler

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Hi from Spain: For Robregordo the nearest village is Robregordo (90 km north Madrid), a very small village, but close to the A1 main road from Madrid to the north of Spain, so some hotels around. If you want cheap hotel, there is a hotel just in the paddock. The organization reserves it all, and riders coming from long distance have priority getting a room there. But you need to confirm soon if you wan a room.

The hotel is basic, just a road hotel, so If you want a nice hotel, just 8 km north the paddock I recommend you: http://www.hotelventajuanilla.com/very good hotel for a reasonable price, but book in advance as it has just 36 rooms and that weekend it will be full for sure.

Robregordo trial is 100% off road, so no need of registration or lights. The entry fee includes a special insurrance (third party and accident) so neither you need insurrance. In Robregordo you can choose to use a classic or a watercooled**** monoshock. This last ones compete with a handicap.

You need a valid licence and a starting permit from your federation (ACU) easy and cheap to obtain.

Contact me by PM if you need any help with entry or want a paddock hotel booking.

EDIT AS **** OF COURSE IS AIRCOOLED. SORRY ABOUT MY MISTAKE!!!!

Edited by greeves

• 5 months later...

The entries will open for the VTC Classic from the 14 th July,  Remember those wanting to ride,   bikes must be road legal and you will have to provide doc's . Lights must be fitted... mountain bike / handle bar mounted will not be excepted. Helmets will be checked and from memory have to be  less than three or five years old with a makers stamp etc, I will confirm the exact period in the coming days as I will check the exact regulation regarding this.

Hope that helps 

Bon soiree..

Metisse -

I have a team of three definatly up for it with a few maybes !!!

Can you keep me in the loop - bikes are all legal & we can sort lights - do they need to work ??

Entries from the web site ??

Cheers for now

As always the wobbler

Just had confirmation regarding the helmet legality issue.. Apparently helmets need to conform to ECE 22-05 , should be stamped or marked on the inside somewhere.. If this doesn t make sense or poses a question let me know. I have seen them get arsey and turn riders away in previous years so its best sorted out before anybody heads across the channel..

Lights on previous years have never had to work, so I don t see that changing now .