Fm 237 200 Pro

wobbler

I have an FM 237 200 Forward Kick pro that is in rebuild.

I'm looking for some swinging arm bushes. swinging arm inner 23mm - Spindle 20mm

I had thought they would be the same as a 240 but not so.

I'm led to believe they were just a bronze bush ?? and would they have any end caps.

On moving the footpegs back what do you do with your stand - as it seems to be in the way ??

Thanks

The Wobbler

Edited by wobbler

Looks a bit tight Andy - I might just cut it off and use a rock to park on !!!

Have you replaced the swinging arm bushes and if so where did you get th from??

Any chance of a couple of full size pictures ??

Standard air box and what about exhaust ??

25 mm carb ??

Thanks

The wobbler

I had a 125 forward kick (200 pro for a while ) swinging arm bushes are different too the 240 ones , i bought some bronze bushes with plastic inners ( Steve Goode or was it Bob wright ) a few years back , swinging arm pin's are the same at 20mm . Mine run with the standard front exhaust , with wes alloy back box , standard airbox , but run better with the 125 24mm carb .

Hi wobbler

240 fantic, I changed the swinging arm pin but the bushes i had made by a friend who also did frame mods, i ran a standard airbox, 26mm carb but with new slide, needle and needle jet, tail pipe looks like a wes but was actually made by Bill Pye, 5 series 35mm forks, head angle and footrest mods and also a after market tank, i sold this bike recently to fund another project, big mistake!

post-20480-0-43398100-1414662416_thumb.jpg

Andy,

looks great - I think i'll just go with the Bronze Bushes for the minute.

Can you remember the jetting etc for the carb.

I'm doing the footpegs but not the head angle - My 240 is fine with the top yoke adjusted - What size chain and what teeth sprockets did you use ??

My 240 - (tatty but built to Ride !!)

post-1071-0-02728000-1414670199_thumb.jpg

I think i just ran 98 main with a 40 pilot jet ,but when i rebuilt mine it ran very rich so i tried a oko carb but struggled with that to, in the end i replaced the 30 yr old slide, needle jet and needle with new parts and after that it ran spot on, the bits worked out about £40 which is less than half the price of a new carb! as for gearing i ran a 520 chain on 11/42 sprockets.

b40rt.....

My 240 hasn't had the steering done - and I'm led to believe that tucking it in makes them quicker and a bit more twitchy in a straight line.

I've put a modified top yoke on and it turns more than quick enough - I would try the bike before doing it as there seems to be different schools of thought on the matter.

I can't ride in a straight line at the best of times so I wouldn't want it any more Nervous !!!

Andy,

was it a 200 or 240 ...as I thought the 200 might run on a 428 chain - I think I'm running 10 - 42 on my 240

Cheers for now.

The Wobbler

• Like 1

Hi wobbler,

My bike was a 240 mate, but your correct in what you say, the bike turned much quicker and it did make it a bit twitchy in a straight line, i found it ok for me to ride as i like a quick steering bike (my 1987 RTL Honda has had the same treatment) but its down to personal opinion, whats good for one person aint necessarily good for somebody else, my advice would be to try it in standard form first and take it from there.

To answer the question from b40rt, my wheelbase was shortened by 1" and i also ran a 301 top yoke.

• Like 1

Ive kept to the 428 chain as it helps with clearance on the brake rod, I would advise changing the chain tensioner position if you haven't already and stick with 25mm standard carb unless you modify airbox, great bikes, just wish I rode mine more!