Guy Fawkes Trial This Weekend

laird387

Hi,

Knowing that quite a few members are getting their classic machines ready for the Guy Fawkes trial this weekend, my mind went back to when I lived in the Cotswolds and was an active member of the Golden Valley club and we decided to resuscitate the Guy Fawkes trial. As ever it wasn't easy because the area is not only an active hunting and equestrian centre, but it also has three royal homes in the immediate vicinity with all sorts of added security measures to contend with - but we succeeded, and thoroughly enjoyed riding traditional sections that had been used for fifty years and more - sections like Nailsworth Ladder and Weighbridge.

So, enjoy yourselves, those lucky enough to be riding this weekend - I shall be there with you in spirit if not in reality - and if anyone is taking any photographs please email copies to me at 'offroarchive@gmail.com'.

I looked in the archive and found this atmospheric shot of Andy Geden in the 1992 event with his Greeves, already a twenty plus year old bike then - but still being ridden and enjoyed virtually straight out of the box from the Thundersley factory. As you can see from Mary's photograph it was a dark and misty November morning as the 150-strong entry went through.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-06420600-1414744020_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I'm very much looking forward to it,probably not very well prepared for it... My AJS is still filthy from the last Golden Valley trial at Tinkley lane.But the brakes are good and the oil is fresh in the engine and gearbox - that will do.

Hopefully the weather will hold,it has been fairly miserable for the observers in the past,but for the riders it will be a brilliant ride around.Fantastic scenery,lovely autumn colours etc,and plenty of proper bikes.I cant think of a better way to spend a Sunday.

• Like 1