Possible Top End Rattle Evo 200 2013

firesub1

I'm willing to be corrected by a Beta-ist but from what I've learned the 200 is based originally on a 125 and, amongst other revisions, has a bronze bush small end in the piston instead of a needle bearing. This might make the 200 prone to exhibit a mini-ratttle...sorry I'm not sure how serious it could be.

thought 200 was a sleeved down 250 (iron liner) and I have heard they are a bit noisier on the top end, I have one and I would describe it as more of a rustle than a rattle

No 125 has a needle roller for the small end

...err :huh: , the only bit I'm sure about is that the 200 has a bush instead of a needle bearing...and I think that's where the noise comes into it?

would a bush thats not worn rattle ? whether bush or bearing if its worn it will rattle if not it shouldn't I though

t the 200 had slightly more piston clearance due to the iron liner. I think Nigel Birkett developed the 200 originally so he would be the man to ask.

Some BETA 200s do make more top end / barrel area noise than you might expect even when all clearances are correct and nothing is worn. They can sound like a "bag of nails" yet still run well and pull very strongly.

Edited by dadof2
  • Like 2

Some BETA 200s do make more top end / barrel area noise than you might expect even when all clearances are correct and nothing is worn. They can sound like a "bag of nails" yet still run well and pull very strongly.

Yeah, what he said :agreed: I was trying to be too tactful methinks.

Well when I rebuilt my sons 2010 125 it had a needle roller

I hear ya, I'm not disputing that. :thumbup: