Trials Boots Care?

hrmad

Hi all,

I have recently bought some white alpinestars no stop trials boots. I ride a lot in streams and muddy conditions, at the moment I just wash off the boots with warm water and some cream cleaner at home. Not sure if this is good for longevity. I just wanted to ask how people look after their boots, do you guys use oil or saddle soap? Or just soapy water?

Ta, Heather

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

I use this stuff, supposed to help keep the leather supple to resist cracking and drying and also gives a very good waterproof layer:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TARRAGO-MINK-OIL-LEATHER-WATERPROOF-CONDITIONER-SHOES-BOOTS-BAGS-FREE-MICROFIBRE-/261379569910?pt=UK_Clothing_ShoeCare_Shoe_Care_LE&hash=item3cdb6fb8f6

$(KGrHqJ,!jYFJtP8vh-QBSbZp(Drog~~60_57.J

Edited by ripgroove
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

I use Duckswax.  I used to use dubbing, but have used Duckswax for a year or so on both my Garne boots and my Wulfsport boots, which I use in the wet or very muddy conditions.  Works well - better than dubbing in my opinion.  I get mine from Active Bikesport but e.bay also sell it.

• 2 weeks later...