Motocross V Trials...

j1mmyboa

Hi guys, I'm looking for a bit of advice regarding the world of trials. I love all disciplines of motorcycle sport and hold a full uk bike licence, however, I wouldn't entertain another sports bike. My current hobby is motocross, I only ride for fun and would class myself as an average rider. I crashed my bike at the weekend whilst on the track and luckily didn't break anything but I have severely bruised myself, I'm self employed with a busy schedule so I can't afford to be off work because of my hobby. I've had a little play on a trials bike but nothing serious.

I suppose my real question is, appreciating that all disciplines carry the risk of injury, would trials be a safer alternative but still give me a big grin as I do enjoy a blast on a bike?

I live in West Yorkshire, what practice areas are available fairly locally? Some opinions would be appreciated. Thanks

I do both and motocross is more fun but there is a greater risk of injury .Trials is very skilful and takes a long time to learn and can be frustrating but conversely very satisfying when you get it right .Minor bruises an grazes are normal but you'd be very unlucky to be injured enough to need time off work You can be slow at motorcross and still have fun but if you're poor at trials it's hard work and frustrating till you improve

• Like 2

There is Plenty on in Yorkshire as well. As a beginner BUMPY at Birstall is a useful starting point. It's compact but with lots to practice on. Once you get the hang of it you can get out to the other Practice areas and onto Beginners Trials.