Lower Shock Bush / Bearing

cord

Anybody got a better alternative to the stock lower shock bearing on a 2013 2.9? Mine is rusty/cracked/generally fit for the bin after just 10 months??? And at £52 for replacement http://trialstribulations.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=34_66&products_id=654 i was hoping it would have lasted longer.

I've already made my own bushings and pins for the dogbones, and was wondering where else i can improve. I know it doesn't need a spherical bearing, there should only be rotational movement. What has anybody else done?

I have a 2011 2.9 and my lower shock bearing needs to be replaced, too. I've never done the job before.

I found this. Has anybody tried this brand for this application?

http://www.allballsracing.com/29-5065.html

The kit doesn't include the spacers, so I assume they can be reused without issue.

I've used All Balls Racing products on trail bikes before and don't recall any particular problems.

I use the complete linkage kit in my Jarvis rep & a couple of the other local guys do on my recommendation but I haven't used the spherical bearing due to having a TRP shock in it, I just used the standard spacers. The spacers can be hard to get out but should be a fairly easy fit into the bearing

• 2 weeks later...

Cheapest i found was this on eBay. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sherco-TRIALS-2-9-2011-Lower-Rear-Shock-Bearing-and-Seal-kit-/141296887231?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item20e5f365bf#ht_1568wt_1190

I'm using it for now, but if it wears quickly (as i suspect it will as a spherical bearing isn't really the correct application) I'll be making a pin and bush arrangement like i have for the dog bones.

I replaced the lower shock bearing on my 2006 290 and it was a major pain.

The bushes were stuck in so tight (possibly due to corrosion, or a mismatch of materials) that it took a massive amount of force to remove the old bearing.

We found it impossible to remove the old bearing without destroying the bushes. I thought the shock body was going to break with the amount of force we had to use to press it out.

I also learnt that the Allballs rear linkage kit comes with a rear shock bearing, but no bushes. This makes it completely useless. I ordered the Allballs kit because my local supplier assured me that it would come with the bushes.

I ended up fitting the Allballs linkage bearings and buying an OEM lower shock bearing with bushes. The OEM bearing is made of different material to the Allballs bearing and appeared to be of better quality.

This was the only pic I took during the shock bearing saga as I was too busy yelling and swearing. This is the Allballs shock bearing.

300913_zps2310c13a.jpg

ktm39; Thanks for the All Balls bearing information. I'm glad I didn't buy one. I'll crack open my billfold for Ryan Young and get OEM parts.

Question - How did you press out the old bearing? I have a hydraulic press at my disposal. Will that do the job or does it take something special? Thanks.

Slightly off topic, but along the same line ...... can the upper shock bearing be replaced? I have a lot of wear on that one, too.