Lost Spark!

andilicious

Ok. Gonna have some tea and then give it a try with the kill switch completely disconnected and double check the Earth on the CDI.

I noticed the earth is just banjo'd on the bolt beneath the CDI mount and I think that's a powder coated section of the frame so I will make sure I am on a bare metal contact to test it. If that's the issue then I'll extend that Earth to a better contact point.

Wish me luck!

Ok I can't confirm what actually fixed the issue but I unplugged / unbolted every electrical connection, parts cleaned everything, reassembled and it started first kick!

Strange thing now is that it's ticking over quite high and not responding to the tickover screw.

At 22:30 at night I have decided to leave that problem to be solved tomorrow!

Thanks for all the input, I would have ordered a new stator for nothing if you hadn't said check more connections!

Andy

Good so far then!!! Insure you hear a solid "clunk" of the slide hitting the stop screw when throttle released any time you go in there and disrupt things, before starting, as you may have displaced the cable in the end mounts!

See how she goes and let us know!