Frame And Engine Numbers On A Fm350 Model

twinshock giles

Hi all,

I just bought my first ever Fantic a 200 I believe. It has been road registered in the past last owner had it on the road 10 years ago but all the documents have been lost including the numberplate.

Where should be frame and engine numbers be? All I can find so far is an FM350 stamped on the engine and a sticker on the headstock.

Theres no evidence of any flat spots on the head stock and even the paint looks original - I'm a bit reluctant to start fetching the paint off the headstock looking for a number as to be honest the bike looks never to have been used in anger and I would like to keep it looking unrestored so i'm not scared to use it :)

It would be nice to get the registration number as I could put it on my insurance policy then.

Thanks for your help - Who should I be trying for parts for this, Ideally I need an oversize piston+ring, or at least a ring and a kick start, are Frankfield Fantic (the only Fantic people I can remember) still going?