Gas Gas 2012 Txt Pro - Removing Thermostat Help

leeson660

Thanks Steve. Yes the switch is exactly like the one in the photo. Looking at the thin metal retaining clip in the picture, it looks like I may have put it on back to front, with the walls of the clip facing in rather than out towards the terminals of the thermostat. Not sure either, if the retaining clip sits on top or behind the rubber sleeve that goes into the inline housing or where the ties you mention should be attached to put pressure on the clip... Please forgive my stupidity but am a little lost here..

Hi, It fits together like in the picture.

The clip sits behind the rubber so the rubber holds it in place then the switch holds the rubber in and the clip holds the switch in.

Not the best looking set up but it works and is more reliable than the other types they put in the newer bikes.

Place rubber in clip, push rubber in housing with clip attached, then insert the switch and make sure the rubber bit you see looks flush with the housing.

The metal clip holds the switch in but only just sits on the edge of the switch so put a cable tie round the outside of the clip so it holds the 2 "ears" of the clip together. Don't do it up too tight, just enough to stop the clip bending out and letting the switch come out.

It sounds like you put the clip back to front.

Hope this helps.

If your still stuck I can take some pics of one.

• Like 1