Hugo Dufrese. Very Young, Very Talented.

guys

WoW! What a joy and inspiration to see an 11 yr old so "in command" of a motorcycle. I hope the speed and thrills of motocross/enduro does not lure him away from trials!

Go Hugo! Another trials inspiration I have to add to my list....

And lets not forget... How cool are Hugo's parents!!!

Mags

• Like 1

Very impressive and perfect example how little strength and how much technique is needed to ride a trial bike. My only concern pertains to the total absence of any back,knees or chest protectors on this young rider. I understand that his father is assisting him but still, I would prefer not to image what may happen if he would go down with bike on top of him...

• 4 weeks later...

WoW! What a joy and inspiration to see an 11 yr old so "in command" of a motorcycle. I hope the speed and thrills of motocross/enduro does not lure him away from trials!

i'm not worried about other motor sports, when he learns about girls, bikes could be over.......... that kills so many good riders when they start that young, hard to focus.

also remember that forum topic about rider weight? he doesn't even weight enough to compress the suspension. this kid can't dab because he can't even touch the ground.

The young lack fear.

When I was about 13, I had a C11 BSA with road tires, Used to do some silly jumps on it (broke the frame) and tear round a quarry, no helmet, no gloves, just jeans, wellies and a shirt. Dropped it at about 30 to 40 MPH in the quarry one day. Surface was rolled scalping littered with gravel and sharp crushed rock up to about 2 inch. What a mess I was, cut and bruised everywhere, could hardly move for a week. All of us were similarly reckless. I can remember one battered lad being taken home, upon seeing the state of his son the father said "no more motorcycles, lethal weapons in the hands of the young". In what I would describe as my circle of road biking friends 3 were killed, several more got life threatening injuries and only one never seriously crashed a large capacity road bike and even he hit cars twice. Trials is very safe by comparison.