Cut Out Button

2stroke4stroke

Does anyone know how to wire a cut out button on the TL 125? The wires to the coil end in a multipin connector with no obvious way of introducing a wire. Any advice appreciated as, apart from the stuck throttle scenario, I'm getting fed up stalling it every time I want to walk a section.

You need to find which is the positive wire to the coil, then splice one of the wires from the cut out switch in to this positive wire whilst allowing the positive wire to still connect to the coil and then connect the other wire from the cut out switch to earth.

Cut out switches work by sending the positive voltage to earth when pressed or in the case of a lanyard pulled off i.e. the voltage doesn't reach the coil to make a spark it is diverted straight to earth.

You're right Baldilocks, t'ain't a Honda.

Thanks ourian, I know the principles, I've done enough of them over the years. There's usually a bullet connector or other means of getting the cut out wire in to the system. The standard electronic ignition on the SWM has several wires coming up from the generator bound together in a sealed outer which enters the back of a multipin plug which has a well sealed joint to the coil with no obvious access. I had hoped to get the SWM specifics from someone as I'm sure they must have had a cut out when new and I certainly don't want to have to use destructive access, even if I could tell which was the right wire. Being electronic there's no way of taking a wire in at the points.

• 5 years later...