Irc Rear Tyres, Is There A Fix?

the addict

Recently bought a new IRC rear, went down 4 or five times on Sunday as well as jumping of the rim? I could maybe understand hitting a big step but we rode mainly mud sections and roots. I have since heard there has been a problem with them or some of them, and as these are my preferred tyre has anyone found any tips about keeping them on the rims or preventing them deflating?

Thanks

Edited by the addict

Unfortunately it would seem IRC tyres have problem with certain rims. I love the grip and prefer them in our centre but can't get them to stay up on my Gas Gas. Had the problem a couple of years ago and ended up putting a tube in as couldn't afford to throw a good tyre away. Went onto an XLITE but more money and didn't last that well. Made some enquiries at the dealers and was told IRC had changed the profile so tried another this year - No different.

A tel-tale sign is when you fit the tyre it pops on so easy and takes very little pressure to inflate, it doesn't go with a big bang like a Michelin does.

Yep I've got one sitting in the garage, been used twice and that was enough, unless you carry a pump around with you. Always seems to go down after a jump or hitting an object quite hard. Funnily enough it was a right bitch to get off the rim though. How they can sell this rubbish I don't know. Has anybody tried to return one?

The IRCs inner diameter seems to be a bit larger than Michelins.

I tried to mount a Michelin on my Bultaco rim and it wouldn't get on the bead seat, no matter how much pressure I applied. Bought a IRC and it popped up the bead seat with no problem.

But now the IRC won't stay in it's place, it tends to rotate on the rim although I've used new tire locks.

Edited by guys

Yep I've got one sitting in the garage, been used twice and that was enough, unless you carry a pump around with you. Always seems to go down after a jump or hitting an object quite hard. Funnily enough it was a right bitch to get off the rim though. How they can sell this rubbish I don't know. Has anybody tried to return one?

I returned one to BVM (before new management/ownership), they took it back in exchange for a Michelin without any problems. At the end of the day it was "not fit for purpose" which is a real shame as I found they worked really well and seemed to last a little longer than the Michelins.