Hello From A Newbie In Sunderland

milsh

Hello, My name's Paul, Today, a week after turning 48, I bought myself a gas gas 250 txt pro (2005) as a kind of belated birthday pressie to myself. Ive a few mates who are right into this trials malarkie and they say its brill, I felt like I was missing out on some good fun, especially as my road bike is tucked away hibernating till springtime.. Ive never riden it yet, any top tips for a total beginner?

Cheers Milsh.

• Like 2

As a few people on my introduction thread (I am new to trials aswell), practice regularly and make sure to keep your feet up. You can buy some tent pegs and lay out a little trials course and try go round it with your feet up and then gradually make it harder. I tried this last weekend and it works very well :). Another good thing to try is to attempt to balance on your bike with your legs apart, the wheel full lock either way and the engine on (keeps the bike stable through gyroscopic force), once you can do this well try it with the engine off. I have found this works very well. Have a look at this trials training channel on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ6Lrqmphte_EJv-vjzj5gg

Nice to meet you :)

Glynn

• Like 1