New To Gg, Need Some Info

tahoebrian5

Hi, I've just bought a 2009 280 Eco. Now I don't have any trials experience but as in browsing the net doing research I've noticed there is not much aftermarket support compared to what I'm used to for mx and street bikes. So what do you guys do to these things to trick em out? Ti exhaust? Suspension? Wheels? I've heard the Eco is a bit heavier than the pro so just wondering what could be done to get it closer to the pro.

It may be a little heavier than a pro but WAY lighter than any non trials bike you have ridden - LOL.

I would ride it a bit to get a feel for how/if you want to trick it out. I agree Lewisport is your best bet for trick parts... :)

If you are just tricking it out for looks you can get streamers for the handlebars just about anywhere - LOL.

390690178243_2.jpg

Couldn't resist - it is Friday night after all

• Like 2

Lol, I already have those on my ktm and they are f'n sweet.

Ok, well.. The new style wheels with the flange for the spoke attachment.. There doesn't seem to be any mention of who makes those. It's just weird that there is so little info out there. I'd like to know specs on if they are lighter and how much they cost.

So, much more interested in functional upgrades but ideally some bling factor would occur in the process. . Very aware that this bike is much more capable than I am. I just like to mod bikes because it's fun.

It may be a little heavier than a pro but WAY lighter than any non trials bike you have ridden - LOL.I would ride it a bit to get a feel for how/if you want to trick it out. I agree Lewisport is your best bet for trick parts... :)If you are just tricking it out for looks you can get streamers for the handlebars just about anywhere - LOL.390690178243_2.jpgCouldn't resist - it is Friday night after all

Btw, those aren't just for looks. They indicate wind velocity and direction which has an impact on your long distance splatter approach

• Like 1

If you scroll down far enough on the Lewisport home page you will find these:

2011_wheel_set.JPG

and price information. You are right though nowhere near the after market stuff available.

Lewisport does also have a few catalogs on-line that are worth browsing I'll post a few from their home page...

Edited by michael_t
  • Like 1

At least get one of those nice spandex suits, looking good is half the battle :)

I find that not many people "bling out" trials bikes... if they want the look it makes more sense to buy a "factory" or "replica" edition. One of our local top riders rides an old TY and kicks butt as others have pointed out with trials it is more about the rider and time on the bike. IMO it is way more impressive to have a clean round than the colour of your wheels... but that is coming from a guy riding an all original 2002 TXT200 :).

Thanks.. All good info. I underestimated the lewisport website. That is actually a pretty good price and wheels are probably the thing I will spend some money on soon. The guy that sold me the bike said he's running slime so would be nice not to have to worry about leaky spoke holes and lose some unsprung weight. I know it makes more sense to just buy a factory version but there is an appeal to me of doing my own upgrades and also that keeps the initial investment smaller and you can nickel and dime it from there. I'm definitely going to seek some instruction. I've reached out to a couple people but so far nothing too promising has come up. I'm in Reno, NV and not a lot of activity here. sactopits is the closest trials club, just a couple hours away so I'll check them out next spring when they start back up.