Fibreglass Tank Decals

twinshock giles

Folllowing on from the previous discussion, I thought I should sort some out for my fibreglass tank as the alloy tank ones are a different shape, I could vaguely make out the shape of some original decals on this tank so to top half should be about right. However going through my Spanish Trials Bikes Book and The Ossa Collectors Guide book there are no really good photos of the tank for the lower half.

So based on what I could see do these look right? They're going to be a right bugger to fit (nicely) due to the shape of the tank, i managed to crease these doing it quickly...

post-3701-0-34385100-1416613897_thumb.jpg

Folllowing on from the previous discussion, I thought I should sort some out for my fibreglass tank as the alloy tank ones are a different shape, I could vaguely make out the shape of some original decals on this tank so to top half should be about right. However going through my Spanish Trials Bikes Book and The Ossa Collectors Guide book there are no really good photos of the tank for the lower half.

So based on what I could see do these look right? They're going to be a right bugger to fit (nicely) due to the shape of the tank, i managed to crease these doing it quickly...

The patina look is cool , but I would've painted it first ! :chairfall::rotfl::lol:

Glenn

But in all seriousness , good luck with the project. It's all in the details ....

Edited by axulsuv

• 2 weeks later...

I was in a bit of a hurry :blush: and I knew they would be coming off again anyway as the tank needs painting, I just wanted to make sure I got the pattern correct. As Woody said previously they are a very different shape to the alloy tank ones. But like you say a bit of warmth and they would have conformed much better.