New Bike

deanogasgas

I found on my 2012 290 that the nipple in the Reed case leaked causing the fuel pump to not work correctly ( i.e. the mixture leaned out , which made the throttle like an on /off switch with not a lot of modulation.also it was a pain in the a** to start. the old nipple was cut down and drilled out and a new nipple fitted , after this was done the carb needle was dropped a couple off clicks as it was over fuelling, the bike is now a totally different machine so controllable . I have Chris at Splat shop to thank for diagnostic ,

Rob , how are you finding the 2015 300 compared to your 2012 290?

• 2 weeks later...

I found on my 2012 290 that the nipple in the Reed case leaked causing the fuel pump to not work correctly ( i.e. the mixture leaned out , which made the throttle like an on /off switch with not a lot of modulation.also it was a pain in the a** to start. the old nipple was cut down and drilled out and a new nipple fitted , after this was done the carb needle was dropped a couple off clicks as it was over fuelling, the bike is now a totally different machine so controllable . I have Chris at Splat shop to thank for diagnostic ,

Rob , how are you finding the 2015 300 compared to your 2012 290?

The 300 is a completely different animal, takes a bit of getting used to, love the handling fact absolutely love it its an all rond imprd bike