Beta Rev 3 200 Gearing

hrmad

Hi,

At the moment the bike has a 41 tooth rear, 11 tooth front. Does anyone know what the stock gearing is for a 2006 beta rev 3 200?

I find 1st gear a little bit fast at times in the tight stuff.

I've bought a 10 tooth front sprocket, but the chain is too loose and will need adjustment. The bike hasn't got a tensioner on it, I will put one on tomorrow and see if it makes a difference.

My question is, anyone else use a 41/10 combo, and if so, how do you find it? I don't want first gear to be unusable and spin up, but I would like the bike to go a bit slower without having to clutch it to death. I ride mainly in muddy woodland sections at the moment...

The sprocket sizes when the bike (Beta 200) was new would have been 11/42, the 250 (2 stroke) uses 11/41. I have a 250 and run with 11/42. As a rough guide one tooth less on the gearbox end is equal to putting an extra four on the rear wheel so going down to a ten is quite a step but that might be right for you.

If you divide the number of teeth on the rear sprocket by the number on the gearbox sprocket you will get the reduction ratio.

A gear box sprocket is not too costly so maybe worth a go but either way you need a chain tensioner fitted, the clearance between the top of the tensioner pad and underside of the swing arm is around 20mm.

• Like 1

The sprocket sizes when the bike (Beta 200) was new would have been 11/42, the 250 (2 stroke) uses 11/41. I have a 250 and run with 11/42. As a rough guide one tooth less on the gearbox end is equal to putting an extra four on the rear wheel so going down to a ten is quite a step but that might be right for you.

If you divide the number of teeth on the rear sprocket by the number on the gearbox sprocket you will get the reduction ratio.

A gear box sprocket is not too costly so maybe worth a go but either way you need a chain tensioner fitted, the clearance between the top of the tensioner pad and underside of the swing arm is around 20mm.

Hi, thanks for your input. I've gone with a 10/41 combo, just trying the bike around a yard it feels better in 1st and 2nd, the chain tensioner makes it ride better too- much more manageable. Just got to try it on tougher terrain now, Cheers :)

• Like 1