Bing Slide

1973tr6

I an taking a bit of a guess here .... but I don't think the slide should look like this.... Plus the pilot jet playing silly buggers and not coming out for cleaning and the needle being rusted up signed it's death warrant..... OKO on order......

post-20659-0-44977000-1417057964_thumb.jpg

post-20659-0-11974600-1417057985_thumb.jpg

yes looks well worn i replaced mine not to long ago. sometimes you have to poke the needle jet out with a small screwdriver. if it's rusted up better off just replacing the carb as you say for a oko carb or a mikuni. :xmas:

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to say that mine looked a lot like your slide, maybe a little worse. I've replaced the slide and needle with new parts but I suspect that the carb body is worn too. It's not picking up cleanly and seems to flutter at low revs - it's hard to describe. I have a new Mikuni to fit when I have a chance and the guys at Bultaco UK say that the bike will run noticeably cleaner with the Japanese carb. I tried to avoid it because I wanted to keep the original look of the Bing, but I think in the end, the £26 spent on the new bing slide would have been better invested in the Mikuni.

Good luck

• Like 2

About 25 years ago my neighbour had a 325 which ran like a chaffcutter. I realised that the carb on my new Fantic would go straight on to the inlet rubber.Without any adjustment at all it completely transformed the bike.

A worn carb goes in the bin - simple as that,its no good for a rider who actually wants to compete.I've said this many times - the biggest thing with a trials engine is that it responds cleanly each and every time you open the throttle,you have to be able to trust it.A new carb will respond to tuning and along with all the other bits and pieces you need to have in place,make the engine run properly.

• Like 4