2001 290 Brake Caliper Banjo Size

terrier

Hi guys, looking to order a sexy custom front hose for a AJP caliper on my 2001 290 from the HEL website custom build page. Can anyone tell me the dia of the banjo bolt please to save me bleeding it down., they give me option of 10, 11 & 12mm. I'm looking at it thinking its 10mm. Many thanks, Wayne

Cheers bud, I've just seen a listing on ebay for an Apico AJP anodised union in M10 x 1.25, so seems s good punt. Just means I can get a new hose made without bothering to dismantle the current hose assy and have the bike unridable. The Beta Evo's use M8 x 1...........Thanks W

Hi

Since you posted M10 x 1.25 I have just been out and checked my fitting with a thread gauge, it is definitely 1.0 pitch and it also fits 2012 Beta callipers.

The union threads may not he the same as the banjo bolt threads. it is not uncommon to find the banjo threads are metric and the union threads BSP or BSPT.

You're on to something Do2, Splat Shop list bolts and bleeder AJP as M10 x 1.0 pitch, and if it was M10, I would have expected to see a fine pitch, anyhow looks like I'm on a winner with 10mm dia to get the hose made thanks. Wayne