Trials Bikes For Enduro/hare & Hounds

j1mmyboa

you would see an odd trials bike at ride off road events ,at some of the extreme events a trials bike may well be quicker(for normal humans) ,as it's easier to keep going in the nasty stuff and lift if you get stuck.seem to remember michael brown been pulled out of the tough one as he looked like causing an upset.

personally i think a fast hare /hounds would kill a trials bike as if it's easy a enduro is much quicker.

I did a fair few hare and hounds on a wr450, a trials bike would have been ideal on some of them but last place in others, I'd pick your events if your thinking about it, and 3 hours at near full chat on a 2 stroke trials bike will be harsh on the motor.

Edited by the addict

Trials bike would be good in the tight and twisty stuff but hopelessly slow on more open going .steering geometry would be well twitchy at speed ,no seat and too small a tank range.Think you'd finish it off and be too slow anyway some of the events I've done have been flat out in top gear on a Kawasaki 250 2t motox in places and the quick guys were passing me Trials bike suspension is no good on fast rough stuff either unless you like falling off

• Like 1

If you have a trials bike already and are thinking of doing enduro you should be able to get round the course OK to see what its like, but if you try to go fast you will give both the engine and suspension more punishment than is good for them.

Trials bikes generally can't do long sandy or muddy hills anywhere near as good as an enduro or MX bike.