Engine Or Frame Number?

bigpete

Evening all, I've recently bought a 1963 butler tempest with an iron barrel villiers engine which I would like to road register. The problem is the engine plate has no I'd number and there is no vin number I can see on the frame.Can any one help with any ideas on where to go what to do to try and register it, no chance with no numbers!!

Edited by bigpete

I had a Butler from 1965 I think the frame number was on the head stock Could be wrong it was a long time ago Villiers engine number were on a plate on the inner clutch case and not stamped on the engine The plate was held on with rivets The fell off easily or the clutch cases were replaced so went missing

• 1 month later...

Hi, thanks for the replies lads. Would happily take a Q plate but think it would mean type approval and examination as a one of. The nearest examination centre to me is 130mile away. I'm trying to get hold of Roy Bacon in the hope he'll write a letter of authenticity for me. If anyone knows some one with a Butler please can you ask them to drop me a message or mail on corpach1@yahoo.co.uk. Cheers, Pete