Will Dougie Lampkin Do Celebrity ?

gasgas249uk

So bikes are getting good press right now with Carl Fogerty winning Im a celebrity get me out of here.

So will / should Dougie go for the programme in the future ?.

Is this the exposure our sport needs ....or should he stay clear ?

Would it do any harm ?

I'll take punt that he'll be on it in the future , but perhaps I'm wrong . What do you think

• Like 1

AS a multiple world champion why lower yourself to the lowest of the low TV rubbish. In fact why would ANYBODY lower themselves to this unadulterated ******** - for once in my life, written words fail me.

Doesn't sound like you're the N01 fan off the show?

I for once would watch the 10 minutes he would last before security got called!

Gotta disagree bigtime - Only motorcyclist's knew who Foggy was and now he is a household name - He has just been offered a million pound contract to do a sports talk show and he has shown to the nation, that all motorbike people aren't thugs (which has been the opinion of quite a few people). On a personal level for him , he will never look back from this and it certainly will not do the sport of motorcycling any harm.

The program itself is just lighthearted entertainment and it is to not be taken seriously. Ant and Dec are great presenters and very funny and really make the show. We have watched the whole series this time and there have been times when we have been wetting ourselves. OK, some of the girly stuff has been a bit tedious but overall, its good entertainment. You need to lighten up Hillary, Bah Humbug you grumpy git :kerstsmiley:

Edited by atomant
  • Like 3

AS a multiple world champion why lower yourself to the lowest of the low TV rubbish. In fact why would ANYBODY lower themselves to this unadulterated ******** - for once in my life, written words fail me.

Well said Hilary, atom ant you need to get out more if this is what you watch on tv . :icon_salut:

Well said Hilary, atom ant you need to get out more if this is what you watch on tv . :icon_salut:

I think you are confusing me with someone who gives a **** ! :hyper: Most of the stuff I watch and read is quite intense so I need something to balance it out and this works just fine for me :) - On the contrary, you are probably taking it all a bit too seriously and should chill out a bit. Have a beer :beer: oh, and have you heard that saying, "Don't take life too seriously as you don't get out alive " :xmas::banana2:

Edited by atomant
  • Like 1

I think you are confusing me with someone who gives a **** ! :hyper: Most of the stuff I watch and read is quite intense so I need something to balance it out and this works just fine for me :) - On the contrary, you are probably taking it all a bit too seriously and should chill out a bit. Have a beer :beer: oh, and have you heard that saying, "Don't take life too seriously as you don't get out alive "

Yes I also read the sun newspaper ( quite intense) so perhaps I will lighten up and watch I am a celeb too!!!!, any way off to the pub now (to have a beer) .

• Like 1

Have to agree with Atomant and Shercoben, would do wonders for Doug's profile and the Sport.

Not that I would ever watch such rubbish myself (I'm a Celebrity, Strictly, etc,etc), you understand,

........ I just happen to be looking in that direction when it's on.

Dave Thorpe world MX champion was (putting it as reasonably as I can) much more impressive on the bike than in front of the microphone.

Prior to his recent TV appearances Foggy was already a celebrity and used to being a celebrity and the attention of large numbers of people and PR. With the exception of Bou in front of a Spanish audience I think it is fair to say no trials rider falls into that category no matter how brilliant their riding.