Bultaco Sherpa 125

midlife

Was at a new friends house and he told me he had a 250 bultaco in his garage but did not know much about it.

After checking frame engine numbers it turn out it is a 1979 125 bultaco.

Does anyone know how many of them are out there.

If its a 79 it should be a model 185 b ,blue in colour with black engine etc ,if its all red and doesnt have a b at the end of the serial nos its a bit earlier . Loads of them in spain but not that many in the uk , nice looking bike if its the blue one

221 is a 175cc, not 125cc, and is essentially a sleeved down model 190 250cc

Not a great bike with 175cc, but much better than the 125cc which was as much use as a chocolate teapot. The 175cc bike can at least be converted back to 250, making it a decent bike again

• Like 1

The original poster asked "Do you know how many are out there?"

In my oppinion far to many.

I restored a 125 a few years ago. The plan was to use it for youngters to have a go. It had not enough power for my 12 stone and far to big and heavy for the planned youngsters who were more put of than encoraged. The earlier examples had odd size wheels that it is almost impossible to get decent tyres for, later models had full size wheels that at least if you break it for spares will be of some use. Very few other bits common to the it's bigger brothers.

I love Bultaco's and have 7 in the shed at this time. Even If i was given this bike if it is a 125 I would probabaly turn it down.

Stuart

Edited by twinnshock
  • Like 1