No More Non-Stop In Belgium

guys

Hopefully FanticMatze riding in Mons the other week gave them my two euro cents in her name about the subject and that pushed them over the edge.

--Biff

Ps... It's true... I am no longer in control of where my funds are appropriated... and she has much more influence than I do... :)

• Like 2

You want no no-stop. Take away the all day dab and go to 1/2 a second a foot, but completely freestyle! That would be exciting!!

The biggest FARCE in the sport is the stop with foot down =1 and yet it don't seem to bother anyone except Lineaway.

Stop with foot down = Failure

• Like 5

Here in Northern UK Richmond MC always (as far as I know) kept to the non stop rules, runs 2 of the most popular trials (Scott and Reeth 3 day) and has good entries at other events.

In North Lancs ad Northern centre the expert / hard courses have very very few riders and it is this category of entrants that would possibly learn stop permitted skills. The vast majority of entrants ride the easy and clubman courses and a lot of these riders are in their 40s and 50s and have no desire to learn stop permitted

Couple the above with the difficulty getting observers who would have to put in an even longer day if stop were permitted an I don't see this area going stop permitted any time soon.

Obviously some areas / countries seem to favour stop permitted despite WTC being nominally no stop.

Time for the sport to split? My feeling is and always gas been that it would have been far better if stop permitted had started as a separate discipline linked to arena / x type trial rather than hijacking traditional no stop.

Perhaps some clubs (if there is demand from riders) will run trials with stop and no stop sections rather than easy / green / hard.

• Like 3

That`s funny as soon as I clicked like on Dof2 post I looked at who wrote it. No matter which rules we rode, the all day dab coming from the indoors spoiled (ruined) our sport. All the newbies since cannot be bothered with a five for not ever learning to ride!

• Like 1

Hey Dadoff,I know some of your arguments are well contested but to claim Richmond is Northern UK is stretching things though I would accept it is the centre of the Trials world.

However,others from further afield seem to claim they were always stop allowed?

Surely this isn't the case.

What stop permitted rules do you run in Belguim? I agree stop with foot down is an absolute joke and makes a mockery of other riders genuine 1 dab ride.

Stop and hop is generally ok, most clubs mark sections out sensible enough so riders dont have to stop for silly amounts of time,