Why Are Beamish Suzuki Bargain Twinshocks...

iconic558

...because I have always had a real softspot for them, always found them a good looking bike , have always liked Suzuki engineering and owned more than a few zooks...I like to add one to my fleet, look good sitting beside my GSXR-750WN.

...but looking at prices over the last few months tbey seem to be bit of a bargain compared to other twinshocks....what dont I know?

There always used to be a fair few doing the rounds in Kent back the day...Cliffe Marshes etc.

Edited by iconic558

For my 2p worth I'd say an acquired taste? Don't see many out there, I believe they may be a bit long wheel base compared to some and some spares may be hard to find. Certainly a bullet proof motor, which is the TS 250 and has been used in all bike sports inc road racing. I remember them new in a shop, they had a 250 and a 325 with a chair fitted.

One competes up here regularly, it's so reliable it doesn't even need washing.

Only weak point is the clutch is unbelievably heavy, with no easy way to improve according to its owner (who also has an SWM btw)

250 has a sleeve that can be removed to convert to 325 if you can find a piston.

Had a 325 when it was a couple of years old and liked it but Fantics and Armstrongs etc were on the way in, so it was becoming out dated. Superb motor and gripped really well

For today's classic sections they will cope easily. I've a last model 325 tucked away waiting for a rebuild, but there are a couple of Sherpas need finishing first. Intention is to ride it in some Miller rounds and/or twinshock series.

• Like 3

Did a trial yesterday...and typically there were three Beamish's riding!....ya know bit like buses...

...one was a MK1 in amazing condition and looked stunning in silver and red , one yellow/black tank and one all yellow.

I entered into the twinshock ritual of trying everyones clutch pull and even though one had an Apico Easy Clutch the std mk1 was the best...could be down to maintainace and wear and tear? I had a 76' GT250A and that had a woeful clutch action ended up being ever so slightly bent clutch pushrods and I do mean slightly!

• 1 year later...

One competes up here regularly, it's so reliable it doesn't even need washing.

Only weak point is the clutch is unbelievably heavy, with no easy way to improve according to its owner (who also has an SWM btw)

250 has a sleeve that can be removed to convert to 325 if you can find a piston.

making the clutch lighter is easy

you get a brake arm or an old gear lever(they have the same splinds as the clutch arm)

A lttle but of work bending it so it doesnt touch the casing and a small piece of steel or alloy to extend where the cable mounts to the casing

post-22624-0-96767200-1463270429_thumb.jpg

Edited by shakennstirred
  • Like 2