Greetings From Palm Springs

mufflerbearings

Hello from the blistering hot desert of Southern California!

I just picked up my first trials bike. I wasn't entirely sure what I bought, but from my highly scientific research method of Looking at Pictures on the Internet, I have decided that I have a 1991 Fantic 309. I will soon be bombarding the Fantic thread with stupid noob questions such as "Why won't it start?" and "What gearbox oil is best?" For now, here are a couple photos of my fairly knackered little bike:

IMG_0393-L.jpg

IMG_0394-L.jpg

IMG_0398-L.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, lineaway! I moved the shifter up as you suggested, and I will keep the Aprilia fender in mind for the future. I'm trying to get mechanical stuff sorted for now. The good news is that I got it to start! I just returned from a ride around the neighborhood. Now I need to find a non-leaking fuel tank as my attempt to repair the leak didn't work.

Hi , I'm a ex palm springs Brat , Can you still ride from windy point to Idlewild (sp?) up the mountain face ? I used to do it on a tl125 ...,but that was in late 70's early 80's .... pre fringed toed lizard .....

Glenn

Edited by axulsuv

Hi , I'm a ex palm springs Brat , Can you still ride from windy point to Idlewild (sp?) up the mountain face ? I used to do it on a tl125 ...,but that was in late 70's early 80's .... pre fringed toed lizard .....

Glenn

Hi fellow desert rat! Given the current state of environmental panic in California, I think you would find yourself in the crosshairs of a Sierra Club SWAT team sniper if you tried that route today. It's been many years since we've even been able to [legally] ride in Whitewater, thanks to the endangered Pierson's Milk Vetch (apparently a very valuable weed). Palm Springs is kind of a sad place for an off-roader to live these days. Thankfully, Baja is a short ride away...