Is It Worth It?

nottoogood

Well, just learned of another delay in my Ossa Factory delivery...recall on the main bearing. I'm now on near 3 months delay. So the importer is going to have to uncrate the bikes, repair, recrate, then ship to the dealer. I'm assuming another month or so...assuming the importer gets the parts quickly. So I'm getting a model '14 bike well into the 2015 year...all at a premium price...IF there are no further delays.

So...

1. Is The bike worth the wait?

2. Is Ossa healthy financially...seems there have been numerous delays at the factory? The Importer has never made promises...just given me ETA's. Yet Ossa has constantly had issues in manufacturing....not exceedingly professional or reassuring for one that may need spares in the future.

3. Price...doubt I get any discount now. Even though it's quite late, Ossa/Importer now have extra parts/labor/shipping costs adding up. Would other folks pay the list price?

Heck, I thought teaming up with GasGas was supposed to alleviate this type of thing. What are the thoughts/advice of the Trials Community?

I don't think Gas Gas is financially sound. In the retrotrials.com interview of the GG founder, he says GG is 90% owned by the government and doesn't think they will survive. I also got the sense the he is bitter about GG and doesn't wish them well since he left.

GG received a 2 million euro loan from the government and another 4 million investment last March. Do financially sound companies need all that outside money?

http://trialscentral.com/news-archive/trials-bike-news/15692-gas-gas-in-the-money

Certainly would be expecting a 15 model now.

15s have been around for a month or so over here and I assume the main bearing issue has been addressed.

Trials bike makers are notoriously precarious,this 14 Ossa I've got I just fancied at the time,it was an ex Six days bike and so far been fine.

If we all bought trials bikes with our heads we would all be running 4rt's

How boring would that be?

Pull out of the deal and demand your money back,there's no guarantee when you ll take delivery 2014 model in 2015 is not worth anywhere normal rrp look at the discount deals that are available on new old stock Are the 2015s in stock?if so demand one instead if not who knows when You've been let down enough already personally I would buy something else.Ossa don't have the best reputation,whether they survive won't be helped by this sort of thing.Vertigo and TRS are coming into an already crowded market next year,I can't see all the brands surviving but only time will tell

Thanks for all the replys. No...no money has been exchanged, no papers signed. However, I begged/pleaded to be put on the list back in September and the importer increased his order accordingly. That being said, my Dealer says I have no obligation at this point due to the long/continuing delays...I am still without an expected delivery date.

The other issue is bike availability. Here in the States...there generally is no excess inventory. There are no 14's left and precious few 15's. During my "wait"...I have missed out on the Raga models (maybe a good thing...similar bearing issues) and the first batch of Race models. Being a "man of ordinary means"...I had to sell my existing bike to afford the Ossa Factory. I'm just about "done" with being without a bike.

I have not had anything like that experience.

Bike has been great and only one part took a bit to get. And I think that was just because nobody else had broken that one.

I understood parts were worse after thenGasGas deal. But seems getting better.

I certainly hope they keep going- they are great bikes. Mine Is very well built- fit and finish is excellent and everything (except fuel cap) is top notch.

I have 142 hours on it- still runs great (see my posts).

I'd probably try and get a 15- but are they here?

None of the Spanish factories are financially sound ossa and jtg are more precarious than most but manage to keep going but who knows?

If you really want a 2015 ossa happy to supply to you through a dealer in the states and ship from the uk pm me if you want a price delivery about a few weeks I think

From what I understand it was the main bearing. Supposedly parts have been shipped to the importer for repair.

The interesting thing is that a large number of the U.S. Ragas were sold with the same bearing. Word is that this part, supposedly from a new supplier, caused many of them to seize (a bit oversized and once warm...seizure). I also hear that GasGas US repaired them (even though we have no warranty over here).

TOTALLY worth waiting-- "awesome" bike--there nothing close to the technological advances this bike has in any of the other brands!-- the "Factory" model is still current until next years Factory model--just like the "Raga"--and they are ALWAYS late getting to the USA too!

There isn't a trials bike made that hasn't had a recall for one thing or another!