Need Help To Identify What Frame My Honda Tl 125 Has ?

daveyp

Please find attached photos of my old Honda TL 125, yes it now has a Suzuki engine fitted but was originally a TL 125 with 150cc conversion when bought 33 years ago. My dad said he was told it was a rare Sammy miller version at the time of buying.

But i have just had a reply from Sammy Miller himself and he can't identify the frame either which now throws a spanner in the works.

I want to restore this back to original Honda TL spec but cannot find any model that has the same frame with airbox mount under the seat like mine, same tank and also 1 piece seat and side panel.

The frame was never adapted for an Honda engine and the brackets lined up perfect top,back and bottom so it must be an original frame i think at time of manufacture. I'm not even sure now if the rear mudguard bracket was cut off from being bent or is still original, i do know that where the tail pipe is it must have had a piece welded onto the frame though as the original tailpipe was just bolted to the exhaust i think.

I wouldn't know where to look for any frame numbers if any but would appreciate your help in identifying which frame and model TL this is so i can start the process of restoration for this model and hopefully return it to an original 4 stroke TL 125.

Frame doesn't appear to be chrome either, looks like nickel plated i think (similiar to a stainless finish)

Any help much appreciated.

post-20831-0-21497300-1418733921_thumb.jpg

post-20831-0-45858900-1418733968_thumb.jpg

post-20831-0-52762800-1418734220_thumb.jpg

Brilliant guys thanks, the photo posted of the Peter Jerrad conversion looks exactly the same tank,frame and 1 piece side panels and everything so now i just need to research into this, although i guess parts won't be available anymore.

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't fret about a genuine TL motor. We're all accustomed now to riding trials bikes with power characteristics that would have been viewed askance in those days. Someone up here has fitted a modern CBR 125 motor, complete with electric start, in to a Gas Gas frame. I suspect the extra power is more of an advantage than the road based gearbox is a disadvantage.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...