Bultaco 159

trum

Sorry about the photo, not sure why the pic went on upside down ?, thanks for putting it right!! Had a good blast on it today, I havnt put nothing on the tank, it is just one from in motion, which the stickers are coming off already!! May have to buy some more, like I say it's a 159 model which someone done in blue so I just kept it that way

you are wasting your time trum putting more decals on they will come off again plastic tanks don't like decals the fuel breaths throw the plastic. no matter what you do. only way round it is to buy a Alloy tank are a fiber glass 1 does look nice tho.

Sorry Larry I just read your post again, the rh brake leaver was already done when I bought the bike, to be honest I've not really looked at how it's been done because it's always been like it, I shall look into it more and could possibly take a photo for you??

• Like 1

Ok bondy thanks for that info, it makes sense because to start with they were fine, but they have been on there for about a month now and are just coming off on there own and that was without me spilling any petrol!! Oh well I will have to do away with them!!

Here's one without the decals on the tank (they also dissolved) Watch out for the tank badge also because it might fall off in time.
My RH rear brake is with the original cable. Tried a Venhill cable but it stretched too much.

post-15723-0-50559100-1419097021_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Sorry Larry I just read your post again, the rh brake leaver was already done when I bought the bike, to be honest I've not really looked at how it's been done because it's always been like it, I shall look into it more and could possibly take a photo for you??

Hi Trum,

i too would be interested in the RH brake arrangement, i am currently on a cable, its next to useless, new shoes (softer material) relined hub in steel, new cable all moves freely, brake is still C**P, no feel to it what so ever and if you really need it to work and stand on it the cable might as well be a piece of elastic. i have contemplated cross shafts etc but can't see a way to do it!

• Like 1

Currently experimenting with Alp rear wheel, will report on completion.

I don't believe anything can compare to rod operated rear brake.

My personal preference LH brake.

Mind over matter.

The reason for the RH question I don't think we saw this until legislation here caused it. (Mod 199)

Larry

Edited by lbhbul

Hello everyone, the rh brake set up on mine is only cable operated, when I 1st got the bike the cable what was on it was seized so I brought a new one but this was about 8 years ago, so I can't remember the make of cable I'm afraid, I understand what you mean about them feeling like elastic though! It does work quite well though, it's adjusted up so I have minimum travel in the pedal and it does seem to lock on quid hard and feels a good pedal, it's not 100% brilliant but does stop me fairly well and skid etc if I had too, but a rod set up would be a lot better!

• Like 1